Thursday, April 20, 2006

Yet another deep conversation about poop

I was in the car with Jamie tonight. We were on our way back from Walmart to buy a birthday present for one of Jamie's preschool classmates who is having a party on Saturday. Jamie was chattering away about all sorts of things and out of the blue he announces that he wants to sit on the toilet before he has a bath.

Oh no, I think. We're pretty tired of this particular stalling tactic. Since we had a few miles to go before we got home, I asked him if he needed to go potty now. He said no. So I asked how he knew he'd need to poop in 15 minutes then. He said he just wanted to see if he could poop then.

Yikes, Jamie!! Luckily, he accepted my explanation that "pooping is not something you do on a whim, but something you do when your body TELLS you to do it."

He just said, "Oh," and left it at that. Weird...

Of course, if Skippy could talk, he'd probably find this whole topic riveting since he tends to enjoy checking out yucky things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home