Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shovers in the Wild, Wild West

Saturday, we went to the Grand Canyon before driving on to Las Vegas and passing over the Hoover Dam on the way. The kids were all suitably impressed with the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam as well. By the end of the trip, I might even have impressed on them the idea that toilets are sometimes few and far between out here.











Saturday evening and Sunday morning, we got a chance to swim at the pool at my mom's friend's house (she was generous to put us up for two nights). She had a cute little terrier named Spirit who even swam with us! Sunday afternoon, we went to the Vegas strip. That was a very interesting experience. I played one slot machine ($2 in... 50 cents back...that's enough for me). We saw the lions at the MGM Grand, rode the Las Vegas monorail, ate at the Nascar Cafe, saw the fountain show in front of the Bellagio, and lots more. I told Chris, I want to go back to Vegas in a few years, just the two of us.


















Monday, we left Vegas, drove through the Mojave Desert, and arrived in Anaheim, CA about 4pm. We are staying across the street from Disneyland and went to Downtown Disney for a character meal and some shopping. We even got to see the fireworks. Tomorrow we will spend the day in Disneyland Park. It's my birthday and I get some extra perks from the mouse - how fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home