Sunday, October 15, 2006

Start your engines!

Chris was supposed to go to Charlotte for the NASCAR race with my uncle yesterday. However, my uncle didn't feel like going since he was sore from moving stuff. So, Chris and I took the tickets and headed toward the track. We ended up deciding to sell the tickets if we could get the price we felt was fair ($75 for $103 tickets). After all, we aren't interested in going to jail for scalping.

On Speedway Blvd, we found a guy advertising the buying and selling of race tickets so we spoke to him. He offered us $60 each. I told him we were looking for $75. Next thing we knew, a wad of money popped out and I had $150 in my hands.

Of course, that money didn't last us too long. We went to Concord Mills. We ate dinner, saw a movie (Man of the Year - excellent film!), and picked up some things for Benjamin at the Carter's outlet and a bag of coffee for my mom who was babysitting the munchkins. Before leaving the area, we drove up by the track and bought my uncle the t-shirt he wanted. We can at least say we heard some of the race live.

My uncle ended up with a t-shirt and $40 which is better than the nothing he could have been stuck with. Chris and I ended up with a date and a very interesting story to go with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home